Job applications are invited for the post described below in Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from Indian residents, residents of Nepal and also subjects of Bhutan, Tibetan refugees (who came over to India (prior to 1st January, 1962) and individuals of Native Indian origin who’ve migrated from Myanmar and Sri Lanka with the motive of permanently living in India and in whose favor Eligibility Certificates have been released by Government of India.
- Dealing with recommendations on legal challenges received from different sections of the Bank as well as its affiliate institutions, which might be primarily associated with the interpretation of several statutes such as Reserve Bank of India Act 1934, Banking Regulation Act 1949, Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999, Companies Act, 1956 etc.
- Preparing early drafts of legal guidelines administered/to be used by the Bank.
- Preparation of drafts of pleadings along with complete instructions/briefs to counsel in association with litigation relating the Bank and its affiliate institutions.
- Appearing before Conciliation Officers, Labour Courts, and Tribunals etc. with respect to the Bank.
No. of Vacancies:
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Legal Officer in Grade ‘B’||04||-||-||02||06|
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Law accepted by the Bar Council of India for the objective of enrolment as an Advocate with at the least 50% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years.
- Desirable: (a) Bachelor’s Degree in Law with 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years or Master’s Degree in Law. (b) Proficiency in computer programs.
- Essential: At least 2 years’ expertise as an Advocate or as a Law Officer in the Authorized Department of a big bank/financial institution /statutory organization /company and/or legal associate /legal advisor in an Advocate’s or Solicitor’s office or in the Legal Section of Central/State Govt or as teacher in law in a Law Institution /University.
- Desirable: Special understanding of Banking Law, Company Law, Labour Law as well as Constitutional Law and practical experience in drafting of pleadings and docs.
Not beyond 32 years (i. e. applicants should have been born not sooner than 02-01-1981). Higher age limit is relaxable by Three years in the case of applicants possessing LL. M. degree and 5 years when it comes to applicants holding Ph. D in Law. Refer item 4 below for relaxation in upper age limit for specified categories.
Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only). No fee is payable by SC/ST/PWD applicants. Fee is payable by Demand Draft favoring Reserve Bank of India and payable at Mumbai only. However, applicants from un-banked regions may pay fee by crossed Indian Postal Orders in favor of Reserve Bank of India payable at GPO, Mumbai
Chosen Individuals may draw a starting basic pay of ` 21, 000/- p. m. in the range of ` 21000-1000-30000-EB-1000-32000-1100-36400 applicable to Officers in Grade B plus they will also qualify for Dearness Allowance, Local allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family Allowance and Grade Allowance according to policies in force every now and then. Currently, initial monthly Gross emoluments to direct recruit Grade B Officers are around ` 43, 216/-(including House Rent Allowance).
Submission of the Application:
Applicants can submit an application for the post either on the prescribed Job application (OFF-LINE) or submit the application ON-LINE accompanied up by submitting a printout (hardcopy) of the online job application to the Board’s office.
(i) ON-LINE job applications can be submitted till 11. 59 P. M. on January 29, 2013.
(ii) OFF-LINE Application or the printout of the ON-LINE Application (hard copy), as the case may be, should reach the Board’s Office on or before 6. 00 P. M. on February 05, 2013.