Indian Bank was established on August 15, 1907 as part of the Swadeshi movement. In 1969, the Bank was nationalized along with 13 other banks. Today, Indian Bank has a network of 1385 branches spread all over India.
Indian Bank has an impressive international presence. The Bank has overseas branches in Singapore and Colombo including a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo. Indian Bank has 229 overseas correspondent banks in 69 countries.
Indian Bank is engaged in diversified banking activities and has 3 subsidiary companies to look after them. These are: Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd, IndBank Housing Ltd., IndFund Management Ltd.
Indian Bank is a front runner in specialised banking, 90 Forex Authorised branches inclusive of 1 Specialised Overseas Branch at Chennai exclusively for handling forex transactions arising out of Export, Import, Remittances and Non Resident Indian business and 1 Small Scale Industries Branch extending finance exclusively to SSI units
Indian Bank is a pioneer in rural development. It has launched several innovative loan products like Artisan Card, Kisan Card, Kisan Bike Scheme, Yuva Kisan Vidya Nidhi Yojana to meet diverse credit needs of farmers.
A pioneer in introducing the latest technology in Banking
- 100% Business Computerisation
- 168 Centres throughout the country covered under ‘Anywhere Banking’
- Core Banking Solution(CBS) in 1204 branches and 77 extension counters.
- 429 connected Automated Teller Machines(ATM) in 99 cities/towns
- 24 x 7 Service through 8500 ATMs under shared network
- Internet and Tele Banking services to all Core Banking customers
- e-payment facility for Corporate customers
- Cash Management Services
- Depository Services
- Reuter Screen, Telerate, Reuter Monitors, Dealing System provided at Overseas Branch, Chennai
- I B Credit Card Launched
- I B Gold Coin